Some information about mosquitos.
- The average lifespan of the female mosquito is 3 to 100 days; the male is 10 to 20 days.
- Mosquito adults feed on flower nectar and juices of fruits for flight energy. The female requires blood meal for egg development.
- Depending on species, female mosquitoes may lay 100 to 300 eggs at a time and may average 1,000 to 3,000 during their life span.
- The mosquitoes remain within a 1 mile radius of their breeding site.
- Several species of mosquito are known carriers of significant disease of man and domestic animals.
- Worldwide, mosquito-born diseases kill more people than any other single factor.
- In Australia, mosquitoes spread several types of encephalitis, dog heartworm and malaria.
At Tony’s Termite and Pest Control we treat for all pests using the safest methods.
We can help with the elimination of these pests through proven eradication methods. Contact us today on 07 5522 0610.
Call Tony to Discuss your Pests Problem Now